Thursday, September 30, 2010

In Laos

So I'm currently in Laos (it's right north of where I live in Thailand), getting my visa updated so I can stay in Thailand longer. It was four hours waiting at the embassy, but finally got it processed. I go back tomorrow at 1pm to pick up my passport with the visa (which let's you get into and stay in the country).

There are a crazy amount of foreigners around because this is one of the most popular spots around Thailand to do this. I've seen people from at least 20 different countries in the last 6 hours.

In front of me at the cafe at the hotel are two German guys about my age.

One of them has a tiny laptop with Skype (video chat) that he's waving around the street to show his friend back in Germany what it's like here. Weird. And at the Thai/Laos border I met a guy from France and a guy from Ireland, we went through all the stuff together and now we're staying the same hotel. Alex and Jason, respectively. Tomorrow we're gonna head back to the embassy, get our passports/visas, then head back to the Thai border. Things are much cheaper if you go with a group.

It's hard to not meet new people when you're traveling around, even if you're anti-social.

0 comments:

Post a Comment