Wednesday, August 19, 2009

do a barrel roll

okay, so the last couple days have been super nuts, and today and tomorrow are going to be keeping that pace.

i leave sunday, hooray. but i still need to do my korean consulate interview first. very early tuesday morning i got my email with my visa issuance number, but through a slight error, it omitted my actual number! that is not good. so i spent the rest of the day trying to track down the guy to get it sent to me, at 5am this morning (wednesday), i finally got it. i felt bad for pestering so much, but sometimes you have to look out for your own best interests above some politeness. it was to the point where i had my email setup to text message me as soon as the number came in.

so the number is now in my hands, as are all the other pertinent documents and here comes gambit #2. i'm going to be running down to the korean consulate with my mom (i'm cool), and hoping i can convince them to let me interview today, then if all goes according to plan and i get a little lucky, i can get my visa at the end of today or pick it up tomorrow. once that's in my hand, finally finished with the red tape, paperworky, stuff.

it still hasn't completely hit me yet that i'm leaving in.... 4 days. but i expect that it will soon. even though i'm not freaking out yet, i am pretty excited at this point. i can actually start packing my bags now, that's a weird feeling.

hopefully i'll have another post by the end of the day talking about how successful everything went, or maybe not, haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment