Friday, April 30, 2010

Distrustfulness

I'm not sure if that's a word. But Korea has made me suspicious of well-dressed Koreans, who are very polite, and speak English well. This is very rude of me, but I'll explain why. Out of the 15 or so times random Korean people have approached me on the street, 13 have been Jehova's Witnesses or Mormons.

Neither of those two things are bad, but they can be very pushy. "I'm sorry, I'm busy now. Thank you though." does not work. It is wonderful that you care enough about something that you want other people to feel that same sense of joy and happiness, but please be polite if it's quite clear someone isn't interested.

Some are much more polite about it than others. The one outside the store tonight, not so much. Sigh.

3 comments:

Shayla said...

ehh i know how you feel.... kinda. one of my guy-friends gave me the book of Mormon...... my family thinks he's in love with me and trying to convert me to Morminizum so he can marry me...... ya

andrew l. said...

that is a very ambitious plot for a middle schooler. it's a trap!

Shayla said...

it is! (shannon came up with the idea.... and convinced my family)

Post a Comment