Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Andrew makes a Good Bad Decision

So my two friends have convinced me to run a 10K. That's a 10-kilometer/6-mile race in April. Now, most people would probably say "Good decision! Running is healthy!" I would agree with that statement. The 'Bad' part of the decision is that I hate exercise, like, really hate. I run when something is chasing me. So going from nothing to 6-miles in a little over a month is going to be pretty challenging.


Captions by random Korean students

The time limit is 90 minutes, and I know I can beat that. But at the current time, I'd have to walk half of it. My goal is to MAYBE be able to complete it without walking. I think that may be aiming too high, but I'd rather aim high than low. If I can do it under 50-60 minutes, I'll consider myself satisfied.

But if I can keep this up and not absolutely hate the exercise it should only have good results (obviously.). Get a little slimmer, get the happy-exercise-brain-chemicals flowing, have more eneregy, hooray.

So for the next month: No soda, minimum of 30 minutes run time 6 days a week, healthier food.

I'll miss you Pepsi.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! I hate exercise too, so I respect your decision to do it. :)

Shayla said...

Andrew if anyone has the energy to run a 10k it would be you!

andrew l. said...

Shayla, I wish that was true, haha. I had barely been running for 15 minutes earlier and I think I strained my calf muscle. Gotta keep at it and stretch more, I guess!

Shayla said...

don't forget to stretch before and after you run/jog!

Post a Comment