Monday, March 1, 2010

random pictures!


picture from our school's rooftop during the biggest storm in many, many years. most of my students had never heard of a "snow day."


one of the biggest shopping centers in seoul (i think), it was pretty around christmas.


crazy statues outside an art museum. smooshed people.


my friend larry being contemplative at our favorite restaurant near work.


a quaint view from near my apartment on my walking route to work. it's surprisingly pretty during the right time of day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice selection of pictures!

I especially like the snowy one.

I noticed that the board in the restaurant is both in English and Korean, is that common?

andrew l. said...

it really depends on the kind of restauraunt. if it's western themed or westernish food, it's usually in both or is 'koreanized' english. burger = beoga. so knowing the written language is fairly important.

if it's korean food, 30% english, 70% no english, maybe?

it also varies if it's a smaller business or more of a chain.

Post a Comment