Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Teeth

So I'm in my final class of the day. It's a class of four of our best students. The highest level students at our school. One of them, let's call her Anna, says her tooth is 'vibrating.' This confuses me, but okay.

Halfway through the class she starts putting her hand in her mouth. When she said vibrating, she meant 'wiggly,' her tooth was loose. And she plays around with it some, and it pops out.

"Teacher (Korean students always refer to you as 'Teacher') , can I go to the bathroom?" "Yes, please go to the bathroom and clean up the blood." And she does.

She comes back with some gauze and is pretty entertained. We go back to reading our newspaper and everything is good. A little later, she's just playing with her tooth on the desk. I find this hilarious, but I don't want to comment, in case she gets embarrassed. But I like that I have a class with these super hardworking students, and they can still be entertained by a tooth. I have a feeling it would be similar with American students. So you play with your tooth, Anna, I hope you get money from the tooth fairy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment