Sunday, March 21, 2010

korean tv

I love Korean television, which is a bit strange because I never watch Korean TV shows. There's always US TV shows or old action movies on, amazing. But lately I've noticed a new pattern. You can ALWAYS find an episode of 'America's Funny Home Videos' on. It's also the only English show they don't subtitle (translating what people are saying into Korean on the bottom of the screen).

Most of my students watch it.

So basically, AFHV is a show where Koreans get to watch a bunch of Americans make fools of themselves with no context, awesome. Granted, there isn't a whole lot of dialogue to explain, but it's still interesting they don't even try.



If it's a normal TV show there's always Korean subtitles, and if it's a cartoon they redo all the voices in Korean. I'm surprised how many American cartoons are popular here, I would have thought it'd be more Japanese and Korean ones. But Spongebob, Ben 10, Timmy Turner, etc. all pretty popular with many of my students.

I've gotten pretty awesome at drawing Spongebob with whiteboard markers. Though drawing him terribly is much more entertaining. "TEACHER NOOOOOOOOO. THAT IS BAD!!!" Haha, I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment