Tuesday, June 23, 2009

first offer has arrived.

So, got my first official job offer when I woke this morning. It was for the largest ESL (English as a Second Language) chain. Reviews are mixed. People say it's pretty unimpressive. It's not amazing but it isn't terrible. So I'll probably keep it as a safety. They require a very straightforward teaching style based on prepared things so I wouldn't get to run as much stuff myself, which I would really prefer to do. How can I learn how to teach if they're just making me read from a script! It may not be the case for all the locations, but I have to assume the average, not the outlier.

So I emailed my recruiter back asking about other schools, hopefully I get a response soon.

One cool thing from the offer was a location that piqued my interested. Bundang, it's a suburb-type deal of Seoul. It's pretty affluent, nice air quality, and quieter than Seoul. That seems a bit more in sync with my lifestyle than the big city, but still retaining the city part. You can read about Bundang here! So I may start looking for jobs in that area.

So yeah, will update next when I hear back from the recruiter. Hooray.

0 comments:

Post a Comment