Monday, June 8, 2009

success?

It's a good thing if you're surprised that the interview lasted 45 minutes, right? Julianne (I think that was your name, sorry!) was lovely to talk to. She was in Taiwan and was just waking up, first interview I've had that broke the dateline.

I think I did pretty well. The conversation slipped into a casual tone surprisingly quick. It felt like we were just chatting more than an interview for a lot of it. I kept slipping back into some 'this is how you talk in an interview' mode now and then for my answers which probably seemed a bit contrived, but m'eh. 

The questions were pretty much exactly what they gave me a heads up for. One I think I could have done better was on bringing an inattentive classroom back to you. I think I went a little too discipline-y, bah. But the rest were ones I had somewhat prepared for, it was more of an issue trying to not sound cookie-cutter.

Overall, the interview increased my belief that this is the right decision for me. I will miss the kids from Many Options to death, but this is definitely the kind of experience that I need to be aiming for right now. It is probably going to be much more challenging than I am imagining now, I hope so, but I'm pretty sure it'll all work out.

Hooray.


1 comments:

shan'shay said...

Andrew we are gunna miss you two!!!!!!

Post a Comment