Friday, June 12, 2009

Formally accepted

So I wake up this morning to three new e-mails in my box. Cool. Apparently now I am officially accepted and they're getting me ready with the forms and checklists and such to make sure visa stuff gets done asap. 

To travel to other countries you need a visa, it's like a pass, I guess. Depending on why you're going and for how long you need different types. If you're just going on vacation, you barely need to do anything, you can pretty much just show up and say 'I'd like to take a vacation here' and then you're allowed to stay for a month or so. But since I am planning on living there, I need a special kind of visa called an E2 visa. E2's are specifically for foreign language teachers. There is a lot of work to getting an E2. Among other things I need to: Get a background check notarized and apostilled by the Secretary of State of New Hampshire. A medical check. Double-sealed transcripts from college. At least two trips down to Boston to visit the Korean embassy to get things signed. And a few other things that I can't remember cause I just woke up and am super excited.

I've already submitted my background check request so I should get that back in a couple of weeks, but then I still need to do the Secretary of State stuff. I've requested the transcripts which will be available on Monday. It seems like the biggest wait will be the background check. Lame. THIS IS ESCALATING QUICKLY, AHHHH.

The one sad part is that I thought I would be getting to see different positions this week but apparently that will still be in a week or two after I get a few more things done with RtT. I don't think it will affect my departure time by much (Early August) but I was still looking forward to it.

To balance out that disappointment though, I've decided to invest in a nice camera so I can take amazing pictures for this blog. So I'll be driving down to Mass tonight to pick it up. I think it was like an 800 dollar camera originally and I'm getting it for 300, aweeeeesome. Camera Link!

So yeah. Hopefully I'll have another update soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment