Saturday, June 13, 2009

Good luck, Bad Luck

Alright, so bad news first, I guess?

Getting my diploma in early/mid July is going to mess with my departure big time. It looks like until I get the actual diploma in hand and ready to send, they are going to let me accept any offers just because too many people in the past have committed and fell through. At least Heather is in the same boat so we'll still end up there at about the same time. Oh, Heather, I should mention her.

Apparently I talked so much about going to Korea over the past year that my friend Heather, who also just graduated from Keene, decided to sign up as well. Parter in crime, woo. So we're aiming to get placed in roughly the same area so we can go on many adventures. I think I'd definitely do a lot of fun/amazing things by myself, but having a friend to do it with will totally make me do even MORE fun/amazing things. So yeah, she'll probably come up again, but there's her introduction.

Anyways, yeah. I'm doing what I can to hurry things along but there doesn't look like there's a lot I can do on the diploma front but wait. When I called to see what could be done they were willing to write my number down as soon as I came in so I can just drop by the campus and pick it up, which will save a few days of shipping at least.

The good luck was over my background check. I was expecting it to take weeks, or a letter saying I filled it out wrong, or the notarized seal wasn't valid, or something. But I got a call from my mom today saying that she had already received it! Mailed the request on Monday, received the finished check on Friday, awesome. So now the next step is to go to Concord and get it internationally notarized. I still need to fill out the forms that Reach to Teach, the recruiter I'm going through, sent me. Those'll get done tonight or tomorrow night.

Well, while I'm waiting I will have one thing to fill my time with. New Camera! Canon Rebel XT, and a bunch of other acronyms that I don't fully understand. It is awesome.

So yeah. Just playing the waiting game for now. The next update might be a little while away, depending on things play out. Shouldn't be more than a week or two though. So stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment